#FMTrends: Swizz Beatz Release New Album Poison [Links]
Swizz Beatz Release New Album Poison
Salutations FM Trendsetters! Over the weekend the hip hop world and social media was in another musical frenzy! Thanks to heavy promotion of the four singles released through social media, the Ruff Ryder executive behind boards, Swizz Beatz finally released the very successful and critically acclaimed project Poison. The 10 track LP includes a slew of talented artists in the industry. Here is the track by track album review on the epic banger known as Poison:
- Poison Intro (feat. Aine Zion): A very epic and poetic spoken word by British poet Aine Zion that sets the tone for the entire album. The gas to the fire that is about to go down.
- Pistol On My Side (P.O.M.S.)(feat. Lil Wayne): Originally heard on Lil Wayne‘s Carter V album and released as a visual via social media, this is the perfect banger to start off right after the introduction. I could not have picked a better song to follow. As you will observe, the placement of the tracks were very important to explain the creativity and feel of the album, as well as the drama and story behind the project.
- Come Again (feat. Giggs): Please read #FMTrends: Swizz Beatz Release “Come Again” Visual With Giggs and Album Release Date [Video]
- Something Dirty/Pic Got Us (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Jadakiss & Styles P): What every hip hop fan wanted to hear. Kiss and P on a Swizz Beatz track. With the assist from Araab Muzik. Reminiscent of Ruff Ryder days of past come to present. Kendrick Lamar added the drip with the hook. A lyrical ode to fallen Ruff Ryder soldier/producer Jay “Ice Pick” Jackson. I wish the track was longer.
- Preach (feat. Jim Jones): Please read #FMTrends: Swizz Beats And Jim Jones Drop “Preach” Visual [Video]
- Echo (feat. Nas): As a Nas fan, I promise not to be bias. I have to say the track brought a different feel to the creative mind of the One Band Man. Not your typical Swizz Beatz track. That is because DJ Scratch touched and polished the Swizzy track. Nas’ smooth rhyme flow complimented the sampled instrumental. Nice.
- Cold Blooded (feat. Pusha T): Wow. The Virginia emcee by way of the Bronx showed lyricism and activism on this track. Another track that expands Swizzy‘s producer mind frame.
- 25 Soldiers (feat. Young Thug): “This is that Massacre!” Right after the vocal sample, this statement said by Thugga explains the conglomerate banger. Swizz brings the best out of artists and this track proves Young Thug is a force to be reckoned with, especially with his bars. Special thanks to Araab Muzik again. I would love to hear a collaboration between the two producers on an album. Fingers crossed.
- Stunt (feat. 2 Chainz): Swizz delivers hard with this track, as he collabs with known producer Bink. Between his lyrics and 2 Chainz, you will not help but to bang your head to this track.
- SWIZZMONTANA (feat. French Montana): Last track on the album to close it down. French Montana pays homage to Missy Elliot and also references his love for fallen fellow Coke Boy, Chinx Drugz.
Every track on here was perfectly placed, which means the listener will not be able to skip tracks. Perfect album. I just wished it had more tracks and more time on each track. Seems to be short and sweet. A tease. But it also makes the fan anticipate another album. Job well done Swizzy!
Listen to the album Poison by Swizz Beatz right now:
Apple Music/iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/poison/1435842653
Source: Apple Music/iTunes, Spotify, Instagram, and Twitter
Check Out Other News on Swizz Beatz Featured on FMHIPHOP.com
Bruce Jackson Jr. |IG: @gameheavybrick |Twitter: @gameheavybrick
Related Topics: #FMTrends: Swizz Beatz Release “Come Again” Visual With Giggs and Album Release Date [Video]